Cyber-Meadows Consulting provides thought leadership in Business&Technical Capability Advancement Planningfor our clients. Many companies struggle to get their people, processes, information, and technologies focused on the right business capabilities in order to realize their business objectives. A multitude of competing priorities, finite resources, and rapidly changing market conditions are creating constant challenges. Business & Technical Capability Advancement Planninghas emergedas an innovative way to prioritize projects based on strategic importance.
We are seeking an experienced Business Architecture Consulting Professional to work with our managing consultant on a key account. This role requires the candidate to have an advanced knowledge of business capabilities and IT enablement.
The Business Architect assists in with the development and execution of our client’s business strategies by refining those strategies into concrete business capability changes; and developing the future state business architecture and the roadmaps needed to implement these capability advancements.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providestrategic consultation to clients in defining or designing business strategies, processes, capabilities, key performance indicators/metrics and change management impacts based on customer needs.
- Work with the client’s business and technical subject matter experts to assess business needs, establish business priorities, and determine options, risks, costs/benefits, and impacts.
- Perform business capability gap analysis and provide future-state models for various business units and functional areas. Use the results of the analysis to deliver compelling recommendations to IT and business leaderships to define and set strategic direction for theorganization.
- Collaborate with both IT and business senior leadership to influence decisions on annual technology and business investments.
- Develop and maintain all artifacts associated with the client’s Business Capability Advancement Planning Framework, which includes tools, processes, and services.
- Facilitate workshops with client leaders and subject matter experts to obtain input and gain buy-in to the Business Capability Advancement Planning Framework.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of business architecture best practices in order to propose changes needed to evolve the framework opportunistically.
- Mentor and coach peers and colleagues by demonstrating thought leadership, and collaboratively develop others.
- Five to seven years of experience in any of the following: management consulting, business architecture, or enterprise architecture
- Experience developing and using high-level models to collect, aggregate,and/or disaggregate often complex and conflicting information about the business.
- Experience creating high-level, integrated, multi-year business and technology roadmaps
- Ability to analyze information patterns, trends, and outliers to assess the strategic and tactical impacts of these on the business.
- Familiarity with enterprise business capability model concepts (e.g., ACORD, Forrester, IBM, APQC, etc.)
- Proven thought-leader with relevant strategy and planning work experience as well as strong consulting and coaching skills.
- Ability to produce visualizations and reports for executives, mid-level managers, and front-line workers to communicate business solution architecture and/or strategic planning recommendations.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven experience in creating and delivering CXO-level proposals and presentations.
- Ability to influence and establish strong working relationships with business and technology partners at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to thrive in a fluid and, at times, complex environment.
- Exemplary team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Experience in financial services industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA desired.